4 new entries added after 12/10/2008
Cookie balls by Starr
I visited Starr recently and we made up one of her favorite recipes. I can't remember what she called it, but I call them cookie balls. Cause if nothing else, it's fun to say. Super easy to make but take a little time. They have three ingredients, and hers were very chocolatey. I am going to make some other kinds this weekend. Hopefully they'll turn out tasty too!
||Print this recipe||
1 package of cream cheese softened 1 package of sandwich cookies (oreo, nutterbutter, lemon filled)
12 oz 'chocolate' chips (white, milk, dark. cinnamon, peanut butter, butterscotch)
Cookie buster (food processor, chopper, bored children)
Preheat the oven to 350.
1) Chop the cookies to small bits (but not quite crumbs).
2) In a large bowl, mix the cream chese into the cookie crumbs.
3) Refrigerate for about an hour or until the mixture is able to be rolled into balls.
4) Roll the mixture into balls and place on waxed paper.
5) Heat the chips in the double boiler.
6) Dip the cookieballs in the chocolate. You can use two spoons to pass it back and forth. Place them back on the waxed paper.
7) Refrigerate the cookie balls. Once they cool off eat lots of them and store the rest.