4 new entries added after 12/10/2008
Sally (S'mores Pie) by 3 pieces from 3 pies
Um.. ok .. So the smores pies is complicated. I took parts of 3 different pie recipes and slapped them all together (and called them Sally). General concept is graham cracker crust, chocolate (Hershey's bars of course) silk filling, marshmallow meringue topping.
Two things to note,
- hot marshmallow = napalm = hurty pinky
- broiling them makes for a nice variable marshmallow done-ness just like at a campfire.
||Print this recipe||
Crust3 3/4 C. graham cracker crumbs (1 box of graham crackers)
3/4 C. brown sugar
3/4 C. melted butter
Filling1 1/2 silk filling using Hershey's bars instead of chips
Meringue Topping:3 cups miniature marshmallows
1 1/2 tablespoon milk
3 egg whites
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
Tools: Foil Pie Pans
+ Items for filling
Crust:1) Mix crumbs, brown sugar and butter until well-blended.
2) Press mixture into a 9-inch pan. Set aside the extra.
3) Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. and place on a rack to cool.
Filling1) Prepare the silk filling using Hershey's bars instead of chips
2) Pour into crust.
3) Sprinkle extra crumbs onto the filling.
Meringue Topping:1) Place the marshmallows and milk in a pan; cook over low heat, folding mixture gently until marshmallows are half melted.
2) Remove pan from the heat. Continue folding until marshmallows melt completely, and the mixture becomes smooth and fluffy.
3) Place the egg whites in a separate mixing bowl, and beat until soft peaks form.
4) Gradually add 1/4 cup white sugar, and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
5) Beat in vanilla and salt.
6) Gently fold the egg whites into the marshmallow mixture.
7) Spread over the top of the pie.
8) Set the oven to broil.
9) Put the pie to the oven and cook until the meringue is toasted, 5-10 minutes.