4 new entries added after 12/10/2008
The Pie by Sox
The original silk pie recipe was just a chocolate silk pie. I modified the crust and and did two layers of filling for this one. Use a nutter butter crust, 1/2 batch of the peanut butter filling, 1/2 chocolate filling and the whipped topping recipe. To make it more easily make 2 pies, so you don't have to 1/2 up the filling recipe. The directions cover it all but you can always just follow the individual part recipes too.
||Print this recipe||
1 Peanut butter Crust:
1/2 package of nutter butters (7 oz)
3/4 stick of unsalted butter
Fillings (2 x 1/2):
6 TBSP sugar (3oz)
5 oz chocolate chips (semi sweet)
5 oz peanut butter chips
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream (store in 2 halves)
3/4 stick butter (store in 2 halves)
1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
(1 1/2 TBSP) sugar
Stand mixer with wisk attachment
or electric hand mixer
pie pan (glass works well)
1) crumble cookies either in a food processor or by beating on them (do not chew and spit out)
2) Melt butter and mix completely with the crumbs
3) Press crumbs down into a pie pan to about 1/8 inch or so. Start from the middle and mush it down so it goes up the sides to the top of the pan.
4) Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. and place on a rack to cool.
part 1) eggs and sugar
1) Mix the eggs and sugar by hand with a wisk
2) Using a double boiler or a bowl sitting over (not touching) boiling water, WHILE STIRRING CONSTANTLY heat the mixture. Remove from heat and use a quick read thermometer. When it reaches 160 degrees move to the next step.
3) Beat half of the mixture for 3 minutes on high.
Part 2) chocolate
4) Melt the chocolate chips and HALF of the cream and butter into the double boiler and melt/ mix it up until it's smooth.
5) Blend chocolate and eggs together completely.
6) Pour onto pie crust(s). Best way to do this is to pour some in the middle and then use the back of a large spoon to swirl around from the center going out.
7) Place in the refrigerator.
Part 2) peanut butter
8) Beat the second half of the egg/sugar mix for 3 minutes on high.
9) Melt the Peanut butter chips and the remaining cream and butter into the double boiler and melt/ mix it up until it's smooth.
10) Blend chocolate and eggs together completely.
11) Pour onto pie crust(s) on top of chocolate.
12) Place in the refrigerator.
1) Whip until you get stiff peaks.
2) Put it on top of the peanut butter.
3) Sprinkle something pretty on top, like cookie crumbs or something
Toss it in the fridge (or freezer if you wont be eating it for a while).. keep it cold it gets melty if it sits out too much.