Contents [ on > off ]
Rocks, paper, scissors, and a 280lb table saw

4 new entries added after 7/22/08

• 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 3
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 2
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 1
  • 11/14/08 Footprints in the sand
  • All old woodworking projects except the deck fence have been copied (but not removed) from here to Woodwork. Now you'll have two pages to come see for updates on my projects!
    Take a look at the older or newer event
    Knock Knock - 3/19/05

For those of you that have seen my house in person, you might have noticed that the upstairs is all shades of gray, downstairs is earthy stuff. Some general weirdness gave me the idea to change all of the hardware upstairs from goldish stuff, to nickel-ish stuff. The doorknobs were easy to find. I slapped them on without much difficulty.
    Hinges were trickier. Lowes was selling hinges for about $6 a piece, and those were the cheap ones. Oddly, Home Depot was cheaper, around $4. The closet needed two square hinges, so I had to return the three rounded ones I had bought. Ok.. there really isn't much else I can say about hinges and doorknobs.
    Oh! I forgot, I put some latches on the windows too. There weren't any on at all. Some one will need to explain to me why nickel window latches are $8, twice as much as the hinges. Needless to say, I bought white latches.