Contents [ on > off ]
Just something to do between milkshakes

4 new entries added after 7/22/08

• 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 3
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 2
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 1
  • 11/14/08 Footprints in the sand
  • All old woodworking projects except the deck fence have been copied (but not removed) from here to Woodwork. Now you'll have two pages to come see for updates on my projects!
    Take a look at the older or newer event
    Quicksand 2 - 11/23/08-12/3/08

<= Please note: this project has turned my kitchen into a almighty mess. After the pipes were lowered I found out something rather frustrating. The sink that I bought was too deep for the cabinet as it was cut. It ended up just being easiest to get some blades for my dad's old jigsaw and cut things out a bit. I was surprised how well it worked. With that done the new sink dropped still was a little tight to get in. I had to shift it around a little but and make another cut toward the front of the cabinet. Perfect fit.
    With Liza's approval it was time for to put the drains in. It's relatively frustrating to do since it's much easier to put a drain in while someone else is holding it down. The disposal drain (on the left) was really a pain. Of course when I read the instructions the next day it mentioned that you could use the disposal as a weight. Why didn't I think of that?? All tight, putty trimmed off, ready for step... um.. 12(?) mounting the disposal, which went very smoothly.