Contents [ on > off ]
Making a list, building it twice...

4 new entries added after 7/22/08

• 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 3
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 2
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 1
  • 11/14/08 Footprints in the sand
  • All old woodworking projects except the deck fence have been copied (but not removed) from here to Woodwork. Now you'll have two pages to come see for updates on my projects!
    Take a look at the older or newer event
    Dust devils - 7/6/08

July 5th marked a drastic change in the living situation at the house. With Jul moving out I was roommateless for the first time in about 7 years (I think). It was crummy to see him go (and Steve not long before) but it was time to get another big project done. Refinishing the floors.I had been wanting to do this since before I moved into the house. Timelines did not permit however since the previous owners took longer than expected to vacate.
    I decided not to redo the floors on my own. I could just see myself messing something up and having to look at it for years to come. Better to have someone else make the mistake and get it done in a lot less time. Step one to this whole process was clearing out all the floors.

I had several people come to help and after a full day of hauling, moving and trashing things it was done. Jackie and Odie (couch, end tables, cabinets, book cases, shelves, chairs) took much of the furniture home. Nick helped considerably by taking several truck loads to his apartment's dumpster.
    The basement, crawlspaces and upstairs bathroom were filled with various items. The fridge was moved to the shed. Liza was moved to Starr's place (and then Nick's) and I was moved to Brandy's house. After everything was moved I enlisted more help to get things packed up and stowed from shelves and such. Some of the things just were placed in cabinets and tarped over. The ghost town of a house was ready for the flooring place to do their 'dirty work'.