Contents [ on > off ]
Sometimes it works

2 new entries added after 9/1/06-11/24/06

• 8/19/2007 Welcome to Woodwork
  • 8/13-20/2007 Projector Stand/End Table
  • All old woodworking projects from Homework have been added here. I put in the stairs but I didn't add the fence or the deck. Might add them later.. What do you think?
    Take a look at the older or newer event
    Taking a stand - 9/1/06-11/24/06

Here's a little piece that I am very proud of. It is a custom tv stand for my parents new tv. Strange thing about it was it was surprisingly easy to make. I think that it's because that it was such an irregular shape, it was easy to fudge things and keep them looking good! The first few pictures are the first shot at staining. It didn't quite match the final color so dad took another shot at it after I left.

Initially I had put feet on the stand. after I tried it out it was much to wobbly. I think that carpet and feet don't mix. I decided on a solid base instead. I came back for Thanksgiving with a few pieces of wood, a circular saw, glue and my trusty sander. I cut the angled piece and dropped that in with the strip for the front. To fill the middle gap I used the saw to rip strips to make it all solid. A little putty, some glue and a lot of sanding made it look perfect.

Here's the final project. I am glad that it turned out so well. I wasn't sure if I could make such a customized piece match the style of my family's livingroom!