4/18-21/05 Stain Master
4/3/05 It's a doosie!
3/10/05 Next... the horse
8/19/2007 Welcome to Woodwork
Rocks, paper, scissors, and a 280lb table saw

2 new entries added after 9/1/06-11/24/06

• 8/19/2007 Welcome to Woodwork
  • 8/13-20/2007 Projector Stand/End Table
  • All old woodworking projects from Homework have been added here. I put in the stairs but I didn't add the fence or the deck. Might add them later.. What do you think?
    Take a look at the older or newer event
    Next... the horse - 3/10/05

For Christmas Susan got me a subscription to 'Handyman' magazine. The second month had instructions on how to make a cart out of a single sheet of plywood. This solved two of my shop related issues. First of all, I have a lot of spare wood sitting around in the shop. Secondly, I have had no good place to put the drill press I got from Bree for Christmas. Jul and I went through the plywood and found enough to make a smaller version of the cart. This was fine since we only needed enough space for the drillpress.

Night one we marked and cut all of the wood. Night two, took some time since we had an unexpected cold spell. Following the instructions we slapped it all together pretty quickly with a minimum of silly mixups. A few bent nails and boards glued in the wrong spots later, the cart was all set to put the feet on. The instructions called for wheels. The uneven floor was better suited to something adjustable, so I picked up some screwy feet at the store.

After the feet went on, we sanded down the pointy parts and it was all set. At the end of it all, I attached a wire basket that came from the apartment. I found a second one and put that up by the table saw to hold on to earplugs and goggles and such. The best thing about the cart getting finished was how clean the shop was afterward. Well, this corner is clean at least.