Contents [ on > off ]
It's all about the milkshakes

4 new entries added after 12/10/2008

• 1/26/2010 Sally (S'mores Pie)
  • 12/21/2009 PlayDough Cookies
  • 12/11/2009 Cookie balls
  • 12/3/2009 Fast cobbler
  • It's time for a better chow site on the site. Most of my other projects have degenerated to chores. But cooking on the other hand is taking off.
    Take a look at a previous or the next recipe

Miracle Peanutbutter Cookies by Sox's Mom's friend

During a period of my life when all food seemed to make me feel horrible, I was misdiagnosed as being gluten intolerant. Anything that has ever come into contact with flour or similar products. Gluten is everywhere. Rice crispies, yogurt, salad dressing, ice cream. One of the only things I could eat was corn pops and certain types of Ben and Jerry's ice cream. It was no fun.
    This recipe is one that my mom found for me and came from 'Mom Mom French' according to the recipe card. I don't know who that is. The oddest part about this fact that the recipe has nothing in it. I mean really.. how does this make a cookie??? I still can't figure it out.

|Print this recipe|
    Miracle Peanutbutter Cookies
    Serves: 8   Time: 15 minutes or so

Ingredients:
    1 cup Peanut Butter
    1 cup Sugar
    1 large egg
    1 t. Baking Soda

Tools: Oven
    Cookie sheets

Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease baking sheets. In a bowl with an electric mixer beat together peanut butter and sugar until combined well. In a small bowl lightly beat the egg and beat into peanut butter mixture with baking soda until well combined.
    Roll level teaspoons of dough into balls and arrange about one inch apart on baking sheets. With tines of a fork flatten balls (dip fork in [rice] flour to keep it from sticking) about 1 1/2 inch in diameter, making a crosshatch pattern. Bake cookies in batches in the middle of the oven about ten minutes until puffed and pale golden. Cool cookies on baking sheets to minutes and transfer with a metal spatula to racks to cool completely. Makes about 70 cookies